On Saturday, I heard sad news. The Fresh and Easy grocery store in Pasadena, on the corner of Lake and California, is closing.The closing sale started today. At 7:30pm, the store was packed, and the staff wouldn’t let us in because they were closing at 8pm.
For the last two years, I’ve been going to Fresh and Easy to get bagged salad for my weekday lunches, and I’ve also been relying on their prepared meals for convenient dinners. I even bought my latest main Thanksgiving entree there. (I got roast pork, not turkey.)
These are some of the items I like:
- Bistro salad mix: A bag of green leaf lettuce, carrot strings, and red cabbage. The bistro salad kit includes feta cheese, cranberries and almonds, and a white balsamic dressing. Usually, I just buy the mix and not the kit for my lunches, but this week I got the kit and concluded that I should have just gotten the kit.
- Caesar salads: The kit is good, and so is the bottled dressing.
- Stuffed portabella mushrooms: Stuffed with a mix of cheese and spinach.
- Asparagus saute: They stopped carrying this a while ago, but the other asparagus entrees are good, too.
- Green beans almondine.
- Petite carrots and green beans.
- Vegetable medley in ranch butter: Broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots with a ranch butter.
- Potstickers: More like steamed dumplings than potstickers, but they’re pretty good.
- Orange chicken.
- Kung pao chicken.
- Salmon stuffed with feta, ricotta, and spinach.
- Kale and balsamic butter steamer.
- Chard and bacon butter steamer.
- BBQ ribs.
- Chicken burrito in roja sauce: I only tried this for the first time today, and it was good!